Tuesday 17 March 2015

Changes Made to Mag/Advert (3rd Drafts)


Above are my tweaks and changes to my magazine/advert poster as I wanted to experiment with the different layouts that I could create. Below is the process that I took to create these products. Out of the three designs I think that I prefer the 1st draft and 3rd draft. This is because I like the central positioning of the text and that it doesn't cover the main image. I have changed the sizing of the logos and featured section so this gives me more room to play with and it also doesn't look too dominating over the picture. 

1st Draft



Above shows the screen shots of me producing my first draft above (top left). As I had all the material I needed to construct another version of my product, It was mainly a case of changing the layout and structure of my product. To start with my teacher Becky said that it would be a good idea if I down scaled my logos as they appeared to be too big, and dominate the poster. With that in mind I decided to make these logos smaller and get rid of one of the logos. Next I decided to move the Twitter and Facebook logo to the right and have the iTunes logo to the left to evenly distribute the logos at the bottom of my poster. I then moved the website to the middle center as wanted to see what this would look like with the text in the middle rather than at one side. After I then moved the date, featured section, To the left and I moved the title of the album to underneath the artists name. I deleted the text that was above the title of the album as I thought this wasn't necessarily important and made the poster less cluttered with text. Lastly I moved the main image to the center as I thought that it didn't look centralised when looking back at my product.








For the third draft on this page, I decided to move everything to the center like the design I originally did for my first mock up. I changed the text inside the featured section and wrote something less and more specific to the advertisement rather than the CD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment